Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On the road again...

Deciding where next -- stayed an extra day in Jacksonville, as my grad school friend's family was so hospitable, but the old rule "guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days" must apply, and so I'm off elsewhere before I check into Nashville on Thursday.

Yesterday was nice -- went to visit one of my old roommates from grad school. Did not crash with him, as he starts his exams today, but I had a wonderful couple of hours wandering around Gainesville with him and catching up on things. Very large stadium there, too...

The decision today is, do I go west through the panhandle to Alabama and Mississippi, before looping back via Memphis to Nashville, or do I snake back through Georgia and South Carolina to Asheville NC, see the Biltmore estate, and then go to Nashville via Knoxville?

The former involves states I've never seen, but a longer drive, whereas the latter involves pretty vistas but keeps me near the Atlantic coast...

No comments:

Post a Comment