Saturday, December 5, 2009

Richmond was an easy road to travel...

My friends all told me that the drive from Arlington to Richmond would be kind of hairy.

But it wasn't. It was a little busy, but not that bad. Had a good radio station, and I was cruising along. (Well, my car has no cruise control. So I can't do that. Means I'll be safer, but also that much more likely to pick up a speeding ticket...)

All goes well. Except that my car doesn't have a CD player, and the agency didn't tell me, so my favourite old Russian CD got eaten by the thing that looks like a CD player. And two truckers tried to kill me about an hour north of Fayetteville, NC.

But I survived, and shall continue on my way to Jacksonville (FL) today. And being forced to listen to radio instead of my CDs and audiobooks ensures that I'll get to know America that much better. (And I'll probably listen to Rush Limbaugh every day. RUSH! RUSH! RUSH! RUSH!)

Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment